Talented and enthusiastic professionals always have a place in Studio Banana.
As member of the Product Design team, you will participate in new market-category-creating projects such as OSTRICHPILLOW.
– Provide effective transition of designs from the prototyping stage through development and into production.
– Manage timings and calendar in order to launch products on time based on the Brand Schedules.
– Coordinate with Internal or external Design Teams.
– Supervise Prototyping process in order for the Design Team to understand manufacturing limitations, and for our suppliers to understand design requirements.
– Analyze and provide alternatives to find the balance between the best solution possible for our customers and cost targets.
– Point of Contact between our suppliers and Design Team.
– Constantly focused on improving and sourcing for new techniques and partners.
– Ensure that all materials, processes, prototypes and development samples are fully tested to create a Golden Sample to reproduce on mass production following our quality standards.
– Technical guide generation for Manufacturing.
– Manage and develop internal and external design resources. Manages and coordinates development of new products. And, if needed, improvements to existing products or product lines.
– Validate product designs, identify constraints and provide corrective actions. Evaluates and ensures design feasibility and design optimization.
– Advocate for our customer, and deliver holistic, on-brand experiences by using our design process. Understand customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market- information.
– Identify gaps and opportunities through an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape including product and price benchmarking to address unmet consumer needs validated through consumer research.
– Develop best practices for ensuring a high quality. Lead regular design reviews, critiques, and ideation sessions for team members.
– Collaborate cross-functionally with product teams to ensure a smooth product development process and guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high quality.
– Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning design teams; following up on work results. Perform workload assignments to meet product design goals.
– Provide direction and guidance on daily basis to Product Design teams to meet timely deliveries and develop best practices for ensuring a high quality.
– Implement process improvements with Supply Chain team to ensure product quality and productivity.
– Work with the Design and Supply Chain team to prepare product design specification and Manufacturing guides.
– Provide design solutions to meet cost-effectiveness and on-time deliveries. Analyze and troubleshoot product issues in a timely fashion.
– Develop best practices to ensure smooth and continuous product development processes. Recommend new technologies and tools to optimize product design processes.
– Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
– Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products. Interact with customers to clearly understand product requirements and vision.
– Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary.
– Recruit designers and sourcing for new manufacturing partners.
– 5+ years of working across a wide range of products and driving creative solutions.
– A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that showcases your ability to ship successful products.
– Understand technical products, and are excited to take complicated problems and make them simple for our customers to control and manage.
– Highly collaborative, low-ego approach to design.
– Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting design to non-designers.
– Experience leading teams and individuals through complex design phases and processes.
– Ability to give and receive honest, thoughtful, and direct feedback to encourage learning and growth.
– Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
– Professionally proficiency English.
NICE TO HAVE:
– Team-working soft skills.
– Spanish or Chinese would be a bonus.
At Studio Banana you will enjoy a multidisciplinary environment, where architects, graphic designers, filmmakers, industrial designers, and change managers co-think, co-design and co-make together.
If you want to be part of a like-minded creative community and develop your career in an interdisciplinary studio, we would like to know about you: please, fill in the application form.