Studio Banana is looking for a Managing Director with the intention to build and model a great company culture, provide inspired leadership to our team & clients, establish a great working relationship with the partners and set a course for company strategy.
You will be expected to drive sales results by enabling team unleashing creativity and accountability in there performance.
We expect a strong personal accountability for results, strong commitment to teamwork in support of the company’s success, adherence to ethical business practices, and comfort operating in a start-up environment with an ability to prioritise and drive actions to closure.
Strategy & Operations:
– Work with partners to determine vision and mission, and plan for short & long term.
– Drive high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
– Leading and motivating team and engagement develop a high performing team.
– Overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
– Identify and address challenges and opportunities for the company.
– Make high-quality decisions to advance the business and increase projects outputs & profits.
– Represent the studio in public talk & classes eg. Studio Banana ambassador.
– Support with alignment & motivation of senior team.
– Drive Banana Life & learning and motivation in Studio Banana Lausanne.
Sales, Clients & Financials
– Build partnerships with other organisations.
– Review financial and non-financial assists to devise solutions or improvements.
– Work to meet annual targets & operational budgets.
– Build trust relations with key partners and act as a point of contact for important stakeholders.
– Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company growth.
– Maintain a deep knowledge of the market and industry of the company.
– Knowledge based projects applying and evolving studio methodologies.
– Build consensus of users centre design principles and solidify method culture.
– Provide inspired leadership Studio wide.
– Act as the primary head & voice for the company in Lausanne.
– Develop the Studio culture and overall company vision.
– Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
– Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
– Assure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
– Oversee day-to-day operation of the Studio.
– Ability to inspire confidence and create trust in team and clients.
– Work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and empowering team (delegate).
– Entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
– Work closely with the people & culture team and recruiting process to ensure great hires.
– Oversee contract negotiation and legal activities: client contracts, partnership agreements, vendor contracts, and other legal documents.
– Manage the daily performance of the operations team. Use Studio methods and project planning practices to drive focus and results.
– Share your excellent communication and public speaking skills
– Demonstrating analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
– English & French
At Studio Banana you will enjoy a multidisciplinary environment, where architects, graphic designers, filmmakers, industrial designers, and change managers co-think, co-design and co-make together.
If you want to be part of a like-minded creative community and develop your career in an interdisciplinary studio, we would like to know about you: please, fill in the application form.
Specific details to be discussed in the interview process.